* Greggy G’s MLB Picks: 109-80 ATS
* Greggy G’s College Football Picks: 5-4 ATS
* Greggy G’s NFL Picks: 4-3 ATS
Since my Pigskin Picks this weekend were far from stellar, I’ll choose to start-off talking about my Fantasy QB Tony Romo. After receiving a barrage of insults during our Draft for taking Romo over Tom “The Best Dater in the World” Brady, I will gladly take the weekly top-scorer money and put it towards hiring an editor. As for a Monday Night winner, before I give you that gift I'll give my thoughts from the weekend:
1. Did safety Mike Brown (Bears) sleep with “The Man Upstairs’s” sister, and do you think RB Chris Brown (Titans) now has a chance to sleep w/ her?
2. After two season ending surgeries and a position change from college, WR Ronald Curry (10 rec 133 yrds 1 Td) could be the Rick Ankiel story of the NFL…minus the illegal Flintstone Vitamins of course!
3. Who has a worse QB situation…Virginia Tech or the KC Chiefs?
4. Maybe I shouldn’t cross-off guys on my fantasy lists because I hate them...anybody want to trade Plaxico Burress or Randy Moss!
5. Thanks to Steve Trachsel, now we know what the difference is between pitching for fun and pitching for a contender.
6. Normally, I wouldn’t care about the ND/Michigan tilt, but now, I can’t wait see which one of those ova-rated coaches walks off the field 0-3!
...and now for my Monday Night Winner!
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
ARIZONA CARDINALS @ SAN FRANCISO 49ERS (UNDA 46)
The 49ers have a new offensive coordinator, while the Cardinals have a new head coach that’ll be looking to establish the run. With both teams believing they have some legitimate playoff aspirations and knowing they may be competing for the same spot, I believe we’ll see an unbelievably conservative game-plan from both coaches. While Arizona has struggled against the run, with RB Frank Gore coming off a limited training-camp/pre-season because of a broken-hand, I have a feeling it’ll take a few weeks for him to be 100%. As for QB Matt Leinart and his array of fantasy giants at WR, rumor has it he’ll mostly be handing off to Edgerrin James and relegated to play-action passes. Finally, when dealing with new offensive coaches you have to think the biggest inefficiencies will be found in the redzone early on. These teams may march up-and-down the field, but I think we’ll see too many FGs to come close to the 46 point total that Vegas is giving.
Final Score: Cardinals 20 49ers 17
TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ DETROIT TIGERS
The softball slugging Blue Jays are hitting almost 50 points higher against lefties (.295) and will be facing southpaw Kenny Rodgers (3-2, 4.78) who’s only started 7 games this season because of injury. Also, Toronto will be sending their ace Roy Halladay (14-7, 3.94) to the mound who is 1-0 with a 1.69 ERA in two starts against the Tigers. I know the Blue Birds are traveling from Tampa while Detroit is in the midst of a nice home-stand, but the numbers make this one just it too hard to pass up…Blue Jays by 2-4 runs