SEASON: (NCAA 28-15)
After all that work yesterday I ended up paying Sharky some juice. The only thing better than watching the hardcourt and winnin’ is…watching the hardcourt and just paying juice. With the shortage in college hoops today I’m gonna bring you two ATS winners and no teasers, and both of them will be good games to watch. So click below to check out the free picks & pics, and don’t forget to tune in tomorrow for Greggy G. Good luck today fellas!
Arizona State +10.5 @ Arizona
In the last 12 hours I have seen this line anywhere from 9.5 to 11. I know that these teams are going in different directions right now, but much like Washington State yesterday, I believe ASU will start a new trend of their own. To prove that I am not crazy, I broke this one down in a straight up numbers game.
1. Arizona scores 73 a game, ASU gives up 61, that tells me that Zona will score around 67. Meanwhile, ASU scores 68 and Zona gives up 67, looks like the Sun Devils will score around 67 as well.
2. Defensive rebounds and offensive rebounds are within a half a rebound a game of each other for both teams, seems pretty even to me.
3. Zona has a 2% advantage in FG percentage while the Devils have the same margin in FT percentage
4. 3 pointers and steals per game happen to be relatively equal as well….I’m starting to wonder how this spread is double digits.
5. Now get this, ASU just beat the Wildcats by 5 on their home court a month ago.
After looking at all of the FACTS of who these teams really are, I’m really scratching my head on this one. I agree with the theory that teams are hot and cold, but man, when you have ASU posting a victory a month ago and the fact that this is a huge intra-state rivalry, I don’t see how this one gets outside of 5 points either way the whole game. If you’re like me, search for the best points you can find and run with it, and bet early cuz my guess is this one will drop before the 2:30EST tip off. Arizona wins by 2.
Rhode Island -4 @ Fordham
Remember when Rhode Island was good about 10 years ago, yeah me too, and that won’t do them any good today. But guess what, they happen to be pretty friggin’ good again. Their starting line-up has an average height of 6-5 and they push the ball like they are on street court in the Bronx. The RI Rams strategy is pretty simple….put up 80 points a game and we win. On a day like today against a pathetic Fordham team that knows they can’t hang, I’m thinking that they may not get their 80, but that will only keep this one within 10 instead of being an absolute blowout. I don’t see Fordham being able to post more than 65, which means Rhode Island gets their 20th win, and begin their march to 2nd place in the A-10, which will get them a trip to the big dance. Man I love this game, RI by 9.